Shadow of Guluga
62 images Created 18 Jun 2016
Located 360km south of Sydney, the villages of Central Tilba and Tilba Tilba lie on the fertile slopes of Mount Guluga. Along the nearby coast the area offers clean uncrowded beaches and beautiful forested mountains. The area is rich in cultural history, long before European settlement the Aboriginal tribe known as the Yuin inhabited the area. In 1770 Captain Cook named Guluga "Mount Dromedary after observing its camel like shape from the Endeavour. A gold rush followed in the 1800s. In 1974 the area was recognised by the National Trust, and today the area is devoted to tourism, dairy products local artists and crafts people.